- Does RotorWay de Colombia, sell the A600 Talon already assembled and ready to fly helicopters?
Yes. Rotorway de Colombia offers fully assembled A600 Talon and flight training in your own helicopter please contact CT. Diego Torres at 313-737 0990
- Do I need a license to fly a RotorWay helicopter?
Yes. This helicopter requires a private rotorcraft license.
- Does RotorWay de Colombia provide a flight training program?
Yes. Contact our flight school at 313-737 0990.
- Do I need a fixed-wing license first to fly a RotorWay helicopter?
No. You can start as a beginner into the world of aviation by becoming a helicopter pilot. No previous background is required.
- How many hours does it take to assemble an A600 Talon?
Our customers average build time is 500 - 600 hours - depending on your skill level it can be done in as little as 450 hours.But remember Rotorway de Colombia and Aerodynos de Colombia S. A. Division will totally assemble your A600 Talon helicopter with a very professional skills
- Does RotorWay offer financing?
Financing can be arranged and RotorWay also offers a four-stage purchase program, which allows you to buy as you build
- What kind of fuel does the A600 Talon require?
This helicopters is designed to run on 92 Octane auto fuel or 100LL or a combination of both.
- Can the A600 Talon be fitted for additional fuel for longer endurance?
No. We do not recommend ANY alterations to the factory design. This helicopter been thoroughly engineered and tested resulting in a track record of proven performance and safety. Flying a helicopters is more intense than a fixed-wing helicopters and fatigue becomes a factor far more rapidly in a rotorcraft. Helicopters are not meant to be cross-country helicopters the way airplanes are. However, many of our customers have made long-distance journeys in their helicopters with careful planning for fuel stops.
- Is additional storage space available on the A600 Talon?
Yes, with the option of the Helipac. It fits underneath the cabin area and is attached to the skids. It is aerodynamically designed and does not interfere with the performance of the aircraft. However, its own weight in addition to the contents stored within will be subtracted from the 450 lbs. of pilot and passenger payload.
- What's the weight limit per seat?
225 Ibs. per seat.
- What about higher altitude flying?
For those at higher field elevations, the ACIS (Altitude Compensation Induction System) option is available. It provides for sea level performance at full load up to 7000 feet density altitude.
- How do I go about purchasing the A600 Talon?
Contact the sales department at 313-737 0990. A purchase agreement will be completed for you to sign. A deposit is required to secure a line position and delivery date. The balance is due just prior to shipment. We are usually booked an average of 45 - 60 days out.
- Is this really something I can build myself?
This kit is designed for the amateur builder. In addition to detailed manuals, there is an extensive construction DVD series with it. For most of our customers, this is the first helicopters they have ever built. Regardless of their background, they have each succeeded in putting it together.
- What is included in the A600 Talon kit?
Everything but the paint and avionics, which allow you to customize as you please. The engine is also included along with the FADEC system. It's the most complete kit on the market!